- This event has passed.
Ward 8 CAN Meeting – June 15, 7:30 pm
June 15 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Next Meeting - Wednesday, June 15, 2022 7:30 pm
Twin Forks Playground - 1475 Gary Avenue
Planning Meeting for Summer Projects and New Sudbury Days
This is the last meeting of our CAN before we typically break for the summer. The main topic of discussion will be planning for projects we want to do in the summer, including New Sudbury Days.
Want to help? Come out to the meeting to find out how you can help, or send us an email indicating you'd like to be part of a team. We'll be having periodic team meetings in the summer to move these projects forward.
On the agenda:
1. Roll call and approval of the agenda and previous minutes
2. Financial status and budget update *
3. 311 calls status update *
4. Communications Plan/Public Relations Materials
5. Ward 8 Summer Projects *
- Twin Forks Community Garden: arbor, global gardens/medicine wheel, concrete beds art, pollinator garden, garden signage; accessibility
- Twin Forks Park: additional seating, potential trees/shade, bmx/skateboard park; hydro boxes art, internal trail, little library, security, maintenance
- Twin Forks/Westmount community gardens additional beds
- Westmount irrigation system, shed/greenhouse
- City of Greater Sudbury projects update: Summerhill playground replacement (2021); tennis court renewal (Twin Forks); playground revitalization (Lebel/Rosemarie)
6. Summer Events *
- Twin Forks splash pad and pollinator garden celebration
- New Sudbury Days
7. Additions to the Agenda/Other
8. Next Meeting/Adjournment
Meeting documents, including the agenda and the minutes from the last meeting are here:
Information about CAN meetings
CAN meetings are held the 3rd Wednesday of every month with the exception of December, July and August. As we transition post Covid-19, we are meeting both in person and via Zoom depending on the requirements of the meeting. Generally, all meetings are 90 minutes in length.
Some of our meetings have an invited guest that presents a specific topic that has been identified as important to our community. Depending on the topic, the presentation/discussion typically last from 30 minutes to an hour. That is followed by the items on our standing agenda items with a focus on planning and organizing upcoming events, projects, and activities.
Standing agenda items:
Roll call and approval of agenda and previous minutes
Financial status and budget update
311 calls status update