Project Lead: Paulette Macdonald
Westmount Park Playground,
109 Kipling Court, Sudbury
Our learning garden is a youth-driven project by the Sudbury 4-H Club youth group in collaboration with the community and the Sudbury Community Garden Network/Foodshed Project. It opened in 2016.
Type of garden:
The Garden is open for community gardeners and is sponsored by local businesses and the Sudbury 4-H Club. It is open to Ward 8 citizens, local schools, and 4-H families. The Garden produces food for the Blue Door Soup Kitchen as well as citizens in need. It also has private gardeners.
- 4X4 or 4X8 foot raised-bed boxes and composting units.
- Two benches.
- Two rain barrels and watering cans
- Future facilities will include raised table-height gardens and an accessible picnic table as well as an accessible entrance and walkway
- Skating arena and centre with accessible toilets
- Swing set and large children’s play centre
- Grassy area with sliding hill
- Splash pad and benches
- Outdoor toilet
- Sudbury 4-H Club
- Farm Credit Canada
- Growing Forward 2 from Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- 4-H Canada
- Greater Sudbury Community Garden Network
- Foodshed Project
- Equipment North
- Nickel Lodge No. 427
- DeSimone Foot & Ankle Centre
- Salon Elite
- Westmount Public School
- Linda Hachez, Master Gardener
- 4-H Club Members and Families